How to use Trupulse 360B with DigiTerra Explorer 6 Professional?Question:
I also would need to show the offset function, using a TruPulse 360B. The purpose is to position door entries on buildings, sitting in a car on the road 5-100 meters away. As I can see there is no module or tool for that in the downloaded software (DigiTerra EXPLORER 6, DESKTOP version). Can you please help me to get such a function / tool? If I have understood it correctly that is an add-on extension or just available in the Professional version, am I right?Answer:
In DigiTerra Explorer you can use the offsef function only in the Professional edition, but there is no limitation in the Trial version if you want to try it out (except the export of the captured points/vertices). Please follow these steps below how to use it with TP360B.
1. Remember to enable the Trupulse 360B for Bluetooth operation before commencing this procedure
2. First of all Press the Fire Button on the Trupulse and make sure it is in SD Mode (Slope Distance), then Turn the Bluetooth on in your Handheld/Tablet to pair/connect them
3. Now go into DigiTerra Explorer, Select Settings and select the Rangefinder Tab
4. Select the com port number you have previously defined between them (No Parity, Baud 9600, 8 Bits, 1 Stop Bit)
5. Now Take a shot with the Trupulse Laser, then touch the Connect Button (You will now see a line of data at the bottom of the Rangefinder). Close this panel at the top of the screen once the connection established.
6. Now select the Tools > Survey Command dtToolSurvey
7. Select Method: POLAR SURVEY FROM STARTPOINT
8. Touch the P1=GPS button to locate your position or tap on the screen on a given position if you want to select your position by touching the screen
9. Look through the Trupulse 360B and take a shot to the first object, (you will see the distance and angle appear in the windows.) If you are measuring to more than one object Point and shoot at the next object, the next distance and angle will appear in the window after the first set of readings. Continue until all the objects are collected from this position.
10. When you have finished touch the ADD button (this command opens the Create Layer file dialog and then the New Layer dialog to create a point, line or area feature layer for the captured points/vertices).This will place the objects that you have surveyed on the screen. Close the Survey window by touching the x.
11. Now go into the Records and fill in the data about the objects you have surveyed if necessary.
Have a look at the Survey tool in the Reference Manual here: http://www.digiterra.hu/wiki/en/downloa ... oolbar.htm
for more detailed information.