TaskTo measure 5 points and 1 area from startpoints SP1 and SP2
Solution in two steps
01Define the geographical coordinates of your startpoints SP1 and FP2 with GPS receiver. DigiTerra Explorer will process GPS data and display your position as a standpoint on the screen.
02Start shooting with TruPulse 360B to the 5 points and the corners of the area. TruPulse 360B will define the horizontal distance (marked with HD) and the horizontal angle measured clockwise from a north base line (called Azimuth, marked with AZ). If your TruPulse 360B is connected with your GPS receiver via Bluetooth, DigiTerra Explorer will be able to receive and process data (HD, AZ) measured with laser range finder.Based on the coordinates of the staartpoints, distance and azimuth, DigiTerra Explorer will calculate the coordinates of the remote points and will display them in the relevant point or area layer. Just like in case of usual area measurement methods, size of the area captured from SP2 will be calculated. Now you can continue the data capturing process by adding attributes, documents, images, videos or other files to the remotely captured positions.
BenefitsDigiTerra’s comprehensive GIS/GPS solution with Trupulse 360B offers you results far beyond usual GPS field data collection. You can collect more data in less time, if you do not have to occupy the location you need to record. Benefit of the freedom of measurement by using following methods:
- Easily measurable remote points (using offset during the measurement)
- Distance (Horizontal, Vertical, Slope)
- Inclination (Degrees and Percent Slope)
- Height (Flexible three-shot routine)
- Azimuth (Compass bearing for single-shot positioning)
- Missing Line (Distance, Inclination and Azimuth between any two remote points)
- Forestry: measure the hegiht of trees and covered forest border with limited GPS signal reception
- Environment and nature protection: map sensitive areas with protected plant species or wildlife
- Mining: rock face profiling for blast design, stockpile volume measurements
- Utilities: measure attachment heights, ground clearances, span distance
- Construction: make grading and excavating measurements