01 Positioning: GPS area measurement makes use of the geographical positioning technology based on satellites. Today everybody can afford a Windows-based handheld computer with built-in GPS receiver. To select the appropriate GPS receiver you have to pay attention to accuracy and ruggedness. Mainly these two factors influence the price of a device.
02 Data collection and processing: Geographical positions of point, line or polygon type objects - collected with the handheld GPS receiver - will be processed by DigiTerra Explorer. The software stores the result in a vector map layer and the connected descriptive data table.
03 Thematic mapping on the field
Classification in 3 steps:
- Classify collected data by any parameter and prepare thematic classes (for example different tree species)
- Select the colour you would like to use for marking the classes (for example: production site of oak will be marked with brown, while pine with green)
- Prepare your individual coloured thematic map by pressing a single button.
- Built-in and customizable classification methods
- Colour palette, line types, outline colours, fill colours, patterns
- Built-in and customizable raster and vector symbols
- Scale and distance dependent, modifiable labelling
- Default style and class files
- Antialiasing and alphablending technology on vector and raster layers
- Adjustment of transparency of vector layers
- Adjustment of transparency, brightness and contrast of raster layers for better visibility